- Fill out a volunteer application here or complete the online volunteer form, and click ‘Submit.’. Please indicate on application which program you’d like to volunteer with and email to Angelica@lacasahogar.org with the subject Program _________ Volunteer.
- Afterward, we will invite you for an orientation about volunteering in La Casa Hogar’s classes and to learn more about our programs.
- We will place you in a class and let the volunteering begin!
• Experience the opportunity to build a genuine spirit of hospitality across cultural lines.
• Gain satisfaction by participating in a progressive vision for Yakima’s children.
• Experience regular good fun and try new foods with new friends.
• Receive a unique opportunity to express the values of compassion and love.
• Develop relationships with people who have courage and commitment in transforming their lives.
• Gain a feeling of usefulness, knowing you have helped lighten the burdens and given hope to another person.
• Gain a better understanding of the reality and challenges of overcoming poverty in our community.
• Experience the joy of others discovering skills that many of us take for granted.
Like us on Facebook to receive updates of current events and programming at La Casa Hogar!
“Because my free time is so limited, I want to get the most “bang for my buck” when I volunteer somewhere. There are many worthwhile organizations to get involved with in the community. However, at La Casa Hogar, I not only feel needed and appreciated, but I get and learn so much in return. Walking through the front door of La Casa Hogar is always a humbling experience. I am continually inspired by courageous, committed, hard-working, generous women who at first glance, seem very different from myself. But, of course, we have so much in common – as women, mothers, daughters, students of life. I will be eternally grateful to the women of La Casa Hogar, for so warmly welcoming me into their “home”.”