Making a gift to La Casa from your IRA is a great way to transform lives in your Yakima Valley!
If you are 70½ or older, the IRA Charitable Rollover allows you to make a tax-free qualified charitable distribution (QCD) directly from your IRA. Gifts up to $100,000 are excluded from your federal income. If you file a joint return, each spouse can exclude up to $100,000 for a maximum of $200,000 each year. This charitable distribution will even count towards your required minimum distribution (RMD) once you are required to take a RMD.
These tax savings will apply so long as:
- The distribution is made from either your Traditional or Roth IRA.
- The distribution is made to a qualified charitable organization, like La Casa Hogar.
- The distribution is made directly by your plan administrator to La Casa Hogar.
How to Give
Contact your plan administrator and request a qualified charitable distribution be made directly to La Casa Hogar. Please note that if you receive the distribution first and then donate the proceeds, the gift will not count as a qualified charitable distribution. We encourage you to consult with your advisors to fully understand the legal and financial impact of your charitable gift.
If you and your advisors need more information about giving from your IRA, please contact:
Enriqueta Flores, Development & Events Manager
Tel: (509) 731-3706
Getting Started IRA
You can make a gift to La Casa Hogar from your IRA by following three simple steps.
- Initiate the Gift: The first step is to notify your plan administrator that you wish to make a gift directly from your IRA to La Casa Hogar (EIN 94-3070007). Ask your administrator to provide us with your name and address as the donor in connection with the gift.
- Send the Gift: Sending a Check *
Ask your administrator to send it to:
La Casa Hogar
106 S 6th Street
Yakima, WA 98901
- Notify Us:
To ensure your gift is processed in a timely manner, it’s important that we know your IRA gift is on the way. Please call or email Enriqueta Flores at (509) 731-3706 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please ask your administrator to include your name with the check or ACH transfer.
Donations to La Casa Hogar are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.