Gift of Stock
It’s easy to transfer stocks as a gift to La Casa Hogar. The IRS allows you to transfer appreciated stock to La Casa Hogar without recognizing capital gains on the appreciation. Which means you can make a larger donation than you could make with cash and receive a larger tax benefit.
How it works
You transfer publicly-traded stocks, bonds or mutual fund shares that you have owned for more than one year to La Casa Hogar; we sell the stocks and reinvest your gift into the mission of La Casa Hogar, to connect and educate Latina families, to transform lives and our Yakima Valley!
- You receive a tax deduction for the fair market value of your gift on the date of transfer, regardless of what you originally paid for the stocks.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer.
- You transform lives in our Yakima Valley!
- Along with information about the amount and type of stock you would like to donate, you will need to contact your broker with the following information: Organization name (La Casa Hogar), broker, DTC number, account name and account number. Contact Enriqueta Flores, Development Manager, at (509) 731-3706 or firstname.lastname@example.org who will gladly provide you this information at your request.
- Remind your broker to include your name, contact information, and any special instructions for use of the gift with your transfer.
- Contact Enriqueta Flores, Development Manager, at (509) 731-3706 or email@example.com with information about the type of stock you’re giving and number of shares, as well as any special considerations you may have.
Please check with your tax advisor and plan ahead when selling or transferring stocks or mutual fund shares. Timing is critical to ensure you receive tax benefits as intended. Transfer date, post marked date (if mailed via U.S. Postal Service), or date of receipt by La Casa Hogar, may affect tax year eligibility.
This is not intended to be professional legal or financial advice. You should always consult your advisors as they know your personal situation best.
Donations to La Casa Hogar are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Contact and Tax Information
La Casa Hogar
106 S 6th Street
Yakima, WA 98901
Tax ID: EIN 94-3070007
Additional Questions Contact
Yakima Valley Community Foundation
111 University Parkway, Suite 102
Yakima, WA 98901
Phone (509) 457-7616
Fax (509) 457-7625