POSITION DESCRIPTION: Bilingual Tech Wizard – Temporary Consultant
Location: Remote with in-person hours required weekly or bi-weekly
WORK SCOPE SUMMARY
The Bilingual Tech Temporary Consultant will work with La Casa for 4-8 months to overhaul and transition La Casa’s current program database on Microsoft Excel to an online, cloud-based database. This person will design a project timeline that includes:
- a process to learn and understand our current database uses, assets, needs and user capabilities;
- time building rapport and understanding the ways each staff member uses data and what inefficiencies each person experiences
- researching and choosing the best option that satisfies La Casa’s needs and works within the budget
- trains each staff member, multiple times and in multiple groups to ensure overall staff understanding. Trainings must be done effectively in Spanish and also in English.
- Self-direction and patience to spend time understanding La Casa’s data needs to ensure a smooth process and transition.
- Project management skills
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Technology background and data-migration experience
- Open to feedback and constructive criticism
- Respects all who are related to or come to La Casa Hogar
- Respects and understand the mission, vision and values of La Casa Hogar.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Access database
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Some weekend and evening work may be required.
- May work remotely; on-site hours required each week or bi-weekly.
- Will be a consultant for 4-8 months.
How do I apply?
Send an email or call Laura Armstrong, Executive Director: email@example.com.
La Casa Hogar is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, alienage or citizenship, or disability.